Friday, July 24, 2015

Buckskin Brigades - Afterword

And what was with the title, anyway?  The only people who wore buckskins (or antelope hide jackets) were Yellow Hair and the Blackfoot, while the only brigades were the fur traders.  Title should've been Buckskin, Brigades.  I was thinking that at some point McGlincy or someone would try to recruit Yellow Hair and his fellow natives for some corporate warfare, offer them some extra trade goods in exchange for taking out the rival fur traders - buckskin-clad axillary brigades recruited for the purpose of plausible deniability, in other words.  Seems a better plan than raiding your rival yourself, then dragging a captive Indian into sight when someone comes to investigate and saying he did it.

Other than that, I can't think of much else to say about Buckskin Brigades.  This sadly means that I've exhausted the pile of Hubbard junk taking up valuable space on my bookshelves.  So this blog will probably be quiet for a bit as I visit the local stores to find a book to spork, but I'll be sure to drop an update once I have something.

Thanks for reading, and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment